This job is def interfering with my appetite and social plans! I thought I was going to be out the door on a Friday at
I meet up with Slurpee, S.S. Toothfairy, and Wooly Mammaries at Eastern Market, but my first priority is food! After grabbing a sandwich at Subway, we head over to the Southeast waterfront to check out Outback Snakehouse’s boat party. It’s a bit chilly outside, so I hibernate inside (I am wearing a sweater, btw!).
Hoover Daaamn calls me since she’s going dancing tonight and we’re each other’s dancing buddy. Rock It Grill? Of course! I love karaoke! Bye, everybody! Although I love drinking for free, I love dancing even more!
About 15 minutes after I arrive, I spot Friendly Thighs walking into the bar. Well! Whattya know? This IS a popular karaoke joint. She informs me that she is going to do “Summer Nights” from Grease. Since I haven’t signed up for the karaoke yet, I go over to the DJ and ask if anyone has requested Bon Jovi this evening.
“No one? Great!”Uh oh. Someone signed up for “Living on a Prayer” on the line above me. D*mn it! Ah well, there’s always Joan Jett’s “I Love Rock and Roll”. That’ll work!
In the meantime, I’m asked to dance to a slow, country song. I accept even though the guy is 4 inches shorter than me, but what the hell, it’s only a dance!
When the song is over, the dude asks me, “We could go to another bar for dancing. Do you listen to country music?”He promptly stomps off.
I reply, “Never” .
What? What did I say? Whatever…I don’t want to go to a country bar anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment