Saturday, September 08, 2007

I’ve Made My Decision!

It’s taken me long enough, but today I finally have some free time to make the short jaunt over to Annapolis to test drive a Mini Cooper. This car is an absolute pleasure to drive! I take a few windy roads and play with shifting in and out of gears while going through turns – what fun! So, I custom-order the car as soon as I return to the dealer. Why? Apparently, 60% of cars purchased from Mini are custom builds. The dealership usually only stocks about 30 cars on the lot and many of those are custom-builds that a customer changed his mind about.

So what exactly did I get? A Mini Cooper S with the double-paned sunroof in dark blue with an interior to match. I threw in the upgraded sound system, a center armrest, mudflaps, and a boot box (otherwise known as trunk compartments). I’m told my car will arrive in 6 weeks. The countdown begins!

No comments: