Sunday, June 04, 2006

Another BAH3 6-miler

Daaaaamn! I’m having a good day! I don’t even flinch when the hare announces that the runners trail will be 5-ish miles long. I’m here for my exercise! Double-daaamn! I actually keep up with the front of the pack for the majority of the trail. What’s gotten into me today? 5 ½ miles later – I’m still going strong – very atypical. Is this a turning point in my running career? I certainly hope so!

But….ker...chunk – beer check – stop running for a bit and down a bottle of water.

Ooohhh…lookee – a rope swing hanging over the creek (pronounced “crick” for those of you from Hickville, DE)! Anyone test this bad boy out, yet? No?? Let me give it a whirl, then!

Oops! My wide birthing hips are too wide to fit between the ropes. Ah well, guess I’m gonna stand then. Yippee! Hope I don’t fall! I get an offer to be pushed, but decline the offer (you know, I really need to live life a little – why didn’t I take him up on the offer?).

Ah well…back to running….or not. I’ve found I’ve hit my limit – I’m a walker from here on out. Still…not too shabby for an ex-DFL! Total trail length? 6.6 miles

No comments: