The trains are so g*ddamn slow today. Thank God, Friendly Thighs is such a wonderful person to pick me up from the
…so trail is a reasonable pavement pounder, a little different from Sh*t standards, but okay by a tried and true EWH3er…except…look, we have a tunnel! Okay, it’s not too bad. The water is low enough that I don’t need to get my shoes wet. Uh oh! I spoke too soon! We have to cross the path of 3 other tunnel entrances and 1 has rushing ankle-deep water. MotorMouth chivalrously offers to carry Just Jen (who is just in front of me) across the tunnel entrance. Oooh, me, me, me! Piggy back ride for LNDT, please? Pretty, please? : )~ And surprise of surprises! MotorMouth carries me across on his back. Thank you, kind sir! No wet feet for LNDT today!
And need I mention that our 2 beer checks were within spitting distance of each other? Now I have since learned that one of those beer checks was supposed to be for the walkers. I thought they weren’t getting beer - only shots? Since the beer checks are so close to each other, none of the runners stop for the 2nd beer check. Let some bum drink the beer!
In any case, the second half of the trail turns out to be much longer than the first half. Not that it is a big deal when the trail is 4 ½ miles long, but Slurpee is really upset that our FRBs, MotorMouth and S.S. Toothfairy, haven’t marked our checks for us. As a clarification, I truly believe all our checks were marked by P. Enis until we entered the last housing development next to Nick’s. At that point, MM and TF (and P. Enis did too, I assume) short-cutted the whole way, which explains the lack of marks. Unfortunately, there is a back check in the housing development which explains her anger. Ah, well…we can’t expect them to solve all the checks!
Now, our on-after is a country bar called Nick’s. It’s apparently an extremely popular place and we have the back room reserved from
So the announcements are made! Tuppy is the GM (again! Yay for her!) and Hermie is the RA (My God! I have totally got to go to a Sh*t hash, now! I can’t miss this!). There are other people involved too - Nub and Free P*ssy are On Sec, which I believe is the equivalent to my Hash Cash position at EWH3. Can anyone confirm? But other than that, most people that were integral to the Sh*t are still integral. Nice to know that the core likes to stay involved. Good for them!
2 comments:
Though I apparently AM a glutton for punishment, this is my first go-round at the position of GM. I was RA for 2 years in a row a few years ago, though...
Hermie, like on unicycles? If it is, do something mean and tell him it was from me. Just in case it is, will post a great pic of him on my blog
Post a Comment