Due to some random decision on my part, I decide to attend the SH*T hash today (probably because it’s in Mclean). I don’t know what inspires me to brave this extremely cold (29º) and blustery day.
CO Kimchi Visitor
However, whatever my reason, I run into Nascock on his 2nd day in DC. Whattya know? A Colorado Kimchi hasher actually made it to the East Coast???!!! He’s surprised to see me too because for some strange reason, he thought I lived in Austin. Of course, I introduce Nascock to other SH*T hashers as the guy who took care of my “taco needs” while I was in Colorado Springs. And of course, he gets a few pictures of me with my CO Kimchi mug to post to the website.
I run just to keep warm, but that doesn’t mean that I run much or run fast. I’m having some difficulty with the shiggy because my headlamp isn’t very bright. Fortunately, just as I begin to realize that I’ve lost the trail, Lactose Tolerant joins up with me and helps me find my way back on trail. However, by this point, I am so far behind the pack that my little detour causes me to miss out on the first beer check. Boo!
Lesson Learned: While attempting a stream crossing, don’t set your feet down on leaves – there might not be a rock under those leaves.
Violations
Not surprisingly (it is a very small crowd), I am nominated for several rounds of violations:
First, I’m accused of running on the walker’s trail. However, I simply missed out on the runner’s dead end that ended in a back check that returned the runners to the walkers’ true trail arrow. So technically, I never left the runner’s trail.
Then, since the hare, Fire in the Cornhole, instructs the slower runners to head out of the beer check ASAP, Chlorine and I end up being the First B*tches In (FBI). I guess that’s to be expected when there are only 3 females are running on trail today.
Next, I get violated for failing to have high beams on trail. I really can’t help it if my headlamp batteries are dying. But don’t boo me for failing to flash my tits! Do you realize how cold it is out here?
Finally, I get nominated for hash sh*t because I’m wearing my houndstooth coat, which apparently causes people to think that they are looking at one of those 3-D puzzles. I have worn this coat so many times – I’m just NOW getting this violation??!!
Bar: The Mclean Pub
1 comment:
Love takin' care of Late Nite's “taco needs”!!!!
Thanks for being a great hostess!!! (I still need to send you the pics!!!)
Post a Comment