So when I bought my Mini Cooper (which I have yet to take a picture of), I decided to keep my Montero Sport around for road trips. Well, in November, I took my car in to get the shifter and brakes replaced. Then in December, my battery died and I replaced that. And then in early January, I somehow got a nail in my tire, and I replaced all 4 tires since they were due in 6 months anyway. So, in the last 3 months, I've laid out $1700 on a car I drive only on weekends.
After dinner on Wednesday, we returned to the car and were unable to shift into any gears. Uh oh! I believe my clutch is out. I do have 133K miles on my SUV. However, I conveniently blame @ss for my clutch problems. He isn't that great of a stick driver (no pun intended) and drove it on Monday and Tuesday while his Kia was being worked on. Am I glad that this happened 1 mile from home! This past weekend, we used my SUV to drive to Lynchburg. It would have sucked @ss if I had to drive 200 miles home with a top speed of 35 mph (cause I can get my car going in 3rd gear, but can't shift once the engine starts).
Anyway, I called my mechanic and he'll be inspecting my car today. I wonder what the damage will be?
2 comments:
I guess you don't know how to shift without using the clutch
I agree, next time if it happens again you can always do the over rev and then shift to the next gear. Trust me I have had a clutch cable break on me not once but twice...I loved my bug
Post a Comment