Monday, February 25, 2008

2008 is not a Traveling Year

I know this will come as a great disappointment, but I simply do not have the budget to travel this year (at least flight-wise). Missing from my annual jaunts in 2008 are TexMex, Texas Interhash, Colorado Invihash, CoTex, and a weekly sojourn in Tampa, FL. I was even considering USA Nash Hash, but I can’t even stomach the $300 round-trip airfare and required rental car cost. I guess the cost of crude oil has made air fares ridiculously expensive compared to what I paid for flights last year. As a result, the only hash event that I plan on flying to is Babe’s Hash Cruise in November. I hope to return to my traveling habits in 2009, or at least whenever flight prices go back down to the sub-$300 level for a weekend romp with hashers.


However, I am driving to a good portion of East Coast hash events: Stinko de Mayo, NC/SC, Revolution, T.I.T.S., Commotion by the Ocean, Nittany Valley, PA Interhash, and VA Interhash are events that I have earmarked to attend during the summer camping season.

1 comment:

brownie said...

Drink for whining! Come out to Sand Dunes, it's only $7 to rego.