Saturday, March 01, 2008

No More Goofing Off

…as I have been for the last year. I haven’t run a decent training program ever since I jumped on the love train. And neither has @ss Spelunker. Since our lives have reverted to the old ball-and-chain routine and since Hoover has been hounding me for the last month to sign up for the Marine Corps Marathon, I resumed a regular running routine on Saturday. Nothing much to be proud of – a simple 2 mile jog. I didn’t even have a proper stop-watch to tell you how long it took me, although I wouldn’t tell y’all even if I knew. Spelunker didn’t fare much better, since he only ran 2 of his planned 5 miles. D*mn! Of course, that had more to do with his hangover than his running ability. Regardless, I have 9 months to train with Hoover as my virtual partner.

2 comments:

Kristina Buenafe said...

Glad to hear you're getting back in the running groove! I'm going to sign up for MCM as well--if you want another virtual training partner, let me know!

brownie said...

Nine months is way too long. You should pick a half marathon four or five months away, work on speed, and then work on endurance for the marathon.