Friday, July 25, 2008

For Sale! 2 BR/ 2 BA Condominium - $235K

Wow! I can’t believe it’s been a solid 2 weeks since I’ve last blogged. Time flies when you’re out living life…

In any case, my condominium is now officially on the market. I’ll post pictures soon. The work that Spelunker and I have put into fixing up the place has really paid off even though we have missed our morning strength training sessions for the past week.

The biggest challenge from here on out is to make it look like we aren’t really living in my condo. What does that mean? No dirty dishes, laundry, and everything must be kept in its place like shoes and hats and the electronic equipment that we just finished using.

Then there are the cats. I’m not sure how they’re taking all of this. First, we locked them in the bedroom for 3 days while we painted the living room. When we finally let them out, we had re-arranged all the furniture and the room still smelled like paint. They were understandably a little upset by the changes we had made and decided that staying in my bedroom was a better option. However, after dealing with the smell of cat litter in my bedroom, I wanted it outside. So, now the cats are required to trek outside to the balcony to potty, drink water, and eat. I have to leave the balcony door open all the time, but that is a small sacrifice. Then I locked them on the balcony when the carpets were steam cleaned. At that point, the cats were angry with me since my thumb got chewed up in the process too. Now, I’m boarding them and all their shenanigans for this weekend and next, so that the unsuspecting buyers have no clue that I have cats (well, except if they are allergic – uh, oh!) during the open house sessions.

Apparently, this market downturn hasn’t affected the condo market in my neighborhood excessively since 12 condos have sold in my community since the beginning of the year. Now the prices might not be as high as they were a year ago ($260 - $270), but they’re still selling. I’m probably going to have to provide seller closing cost help and perhaps a home warranty or a credit towards carpeting, but otherwise, I’m still cashing out on my equity stake at way more than double what I paid for the place.

I don’t expect to sell the place this weekend – in fact, I would prefer not to. However, I would expect to see at least one contract in the first month. I can only hope…

1 comment:

brownie said...

Hopefully your apartment doesn't suck as much as your blog.