Sunday, July 06, 2008

Mysterious Rash

For the last week, I have been suffering from some mysterious rash that is itchier than PI (since PI doesn't really make me itch much) and hurts to high heaven after I itch it. My primary care doctor and the ER could not identify what caused my rash or the subsequent swelling that forced me to take my class ring off to prevent it from cutting off circulation to my finger.

I look like a diseased leper, especially on the left side of my body. I have no idea if it is contagious, but since it looks like hives have spread all over my legs and arms, I'm hoping it is simply an allergic reaction.

The hospital put me on antibiotics and steroids since they couldn't tell if I had a bacterial infection or an allergic reaction. Today is day 6 of my ordeal and although the medication has resolved the swelling, my rash is spreading to the right side of my body, while inexplicably (and thankfully!) skipping my torso.

Hopefully, tomorrow, I can get an appointment from a dermatologist to figure out what is causing this rampage across my skin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please let me know what you find out along your way with this rash. My 2 year old daughter has the exact same thing it begin July 3, 08. No one seems to know what it is but it's been 2 weeks and beginning to spread like you said over to the right side skipping the torso. Steriods and creams have not helped.