Friday, November 23, 2007

The Dangers of Over-Packing

Due the generosity of the Arizona taxpayers, I am currently seated in the Phoenix terminal during my 2 1/2 hour layover utilizing public Wi-Fi to update my blog. My trip to NM was interesting although I can't call it a success (I'll get more into that later).

Regardless, I want to warn people of the dangers of over-packing. I thought I was a smart packer by packing a suitcase that was 43 lbs. for my trip out west. However, I didn't account for my shopping tendency and managed to buy 4 bottles of wine during my trip. I should've shipped them to myself, but thought I would take the chance that they wouldn't cause my suitcase to go overweight. Boy, was I wrong! I dropped my suitcase onto the scale at the check-in counter this morning and it hit a whopping 57 lbs. Uh oh!

I would've paid the extra fee if it was only $25 and not have to deal with the hassle of finding a shipper in the airport, but the fee is $50 for the extra 7 lbs. Ugggghhhh!

Fortunately, @ss was willing to check his backpack, so we removed 2 of my wine bottles and wrapped them up securely in his backpack. Hopefully, they survive the trip intact. Anyways, removing the 2 wine bottles dropped my suitcase weight to 50.5 lbs and the attendant let me slide with the 1/2 lb overage.

No comments: