It’s been a while since I’ve been at White House. I checked my run count and I’m at a piddling 56 runs today. Boo! I’ve got 44 more runs before I even qualify for my pewter mug. Even though I’m 54 runs away from earning my EWH3 wooden mug, I’m certain I will have the EWH3 mug before the WH4 one. At least I have my Colorado Kimchi mug to tide me over until sometime next year. Thanks, Brownie! BTW, Dust Balls, if you read this, I have your mug too. He is a hard person to track down, that Old Fart hasher.
Today we are in College Park. Ahhh!! My old stomping grounds when I attended UMD. I bet there will be some good shiggy today. I definitely am packing a change of socks and shoes for this one. Of course, the last time I ran one of Peace O’Chum’s trails at BAH3, I ended up wading through a creek up to my waist. Hopefully, the water level isn’t that high at this time of year.
Chum does not disappoint. I wade across 4-5 streams, sample some apple pie shots while in a tunnel, run next to an airfield and the metro train tracks, all while avoiding most local roads. Quite impressive! I do have to wonder how she finds her unmarked trails through the woods, though. And although I am not keeping track, Bad Dog beats me to the end during the last ¼ mile, which makes me the DFL (I think?). And he was wearing a tux on trail too! I suck balls!
Fortunately at the end, I get to sample some more of those lovely apple pie shots in my brand new wooden mug. I have to spit out some grit though. Is it from the cider or from the mug, I wonder? Ahhhh, well, I knew I should have rinsed the mug out before taking my first sip.
Milestones
A-Salt My @ss is the first person to christen the backseat of my Mini Cooper. Not much later, though, RPI gets a ride too.
Safety Third
I’m sure we all know that beer is of primary importance to a hasher, followed very closely by sex. At the WH4 camping trip this year (which I did not attend), safety was invariably proven to be a third priority. This resulted in the creation of the safety third arm cast (btw, EWH3 stole the safety third cast shortly after its inception and returned the cast after desecrating it by affixing several local hash stickers upon it). Any violation regarding safety requires the violated party to drink from a vessel wearing the cast. Since you are unable to bend your arm, the beer ALWAYS ends up on your clothes. Today we are honored to have 3 safety third violations.
Rant
It’s my fault, I suppose, but the bar served my sandwich cold. I just assumed that a corned beef sandwich would come out hot. Serves me right for not specifying.
Bar: Cornerstone Grill
No comments:
Post a Comment