I don’t usually drive because that means I have to be designated driver, but apparently, there will be extensive track work this weekend throughout the metrorail system. I don’t want to fool with that, so I’m driving to Dremo's.
Once I arrive at Dremo’s, IHOV tells me to call OFE cause he wants a ride. Well, what happens when I call? OFE is too TIRED to party. He’s chilling and says he’ll come out later.
“I know you, mister! You’re gonna veg out in front of the tube all night and not come out and party! I’m picking your a$$ up!”
When I arrive at the house, I knock on the door.
OFE replies, “Go away, you turd!”
“I’m not leaving unless I take you back with me….oooh, what’s that smell? I’m starving!”
Udder replies, “I’m making meat muffins. They’re almost ready. Do you want one?”
“Yes, please!”
OFE comments, “Yeah, eat some meat muffins and stay awhile, then maybe you’ll forget you came to pick me up.”
“No way, man! I’m chowing down and then we’re both outta here!”
Udder’s meat muffins are pretty tasty, but need a bit more salt. Never heard of meat muffins, before? Well, neither have I! Apparently, they are a new creation by master chef Udder Ho. Take Pillsbury biscuit dough, a sloppy-joe-like ground beef mixture, and sprinkle some cheese on top, and voila! Meat muffins!
I finally finish gorging myself on two meat muffins and drag OFE’s a$ to Dremo’s. He pulls a beer out of his fridge to drink in the car. Since he’s pretty quick tossing them back, he’s finished his beer by the time we arrive back at Dremo’s. OFE looks for a receptacle where he can throw away his empty beer can, but doesn’t see one outside the bar. He walks up to the bouncer and asks if he can throw his beer can away. The bouncer points to a corner and OFE tosses his beer can in.
All of a sudden, a dude pops out of nowhere and starts screaming at OFE.
“You’re not coming in here after you brought a beer on the premises! You just broke about 3 liquor laws with that trick!”
The dude stalks off and the bouncer tells OFE, “Sorry, man, I can’t let you in after he saw you. He’s the owner.”
WTF??!! OFE can’t enter Dremo’s? Uh oh! This spells trouble! OFE has a long memory and takes this kind of stuff personally (he already boycotts Whitlow’s for this same kind of thing). He swears vengeance on Dremo's and vows to never step foot in their bar for the next year.
To say the least, OFE is very appreciative that I dragged his a$ out of his house (extremely heavy sarcasm, here). He walks off to find a taxi back home, but Toothfairy waylays him by telling him everyone is going to change bars. So, we all head over to Ragtime, which is only two blocks away. I think Dremo’s is going to be pretty sorry they kicked OFE out:
- 20 hashers up and walked out to follow OFE to Ragtime – that’s a substantial bit of business
- OFE is part of mis-management. He can influence on-on-ons and such. There probably won’t be any more of those at Dremo’s on his watch.
Regardless, the night is not a wash. Ragtime is cool. There’s no cover, there’s a band and a back room where we all can chill and select our own music from the jukebox. Good times!
F*ck Dremo’s!
1 comment:
Well, DUUUUUUUUUUUH. God, as a former frat boy, he should know you can't do stuff like that. However, the bouncer should have given him a heads up first.
Post a Comment