Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Herndon Commute

So I have learned that the commute isn’t too bad (in the morning), but can be horrendous in the afternoon. As long as I avoid the Connecticut Ave exit in the morning and avoid I-270 at all times during rush hour, the commute in the morning can be a bearable 45-50 minutes long. My odds improve when I minimize my time traveling on the Beltway, though.

I have discovered the alternative pathways of Seven Locks Rd, Old Georgetown Pike, and Beach Drive. I have also learned to avoid Norbeck Road and Randolph Road at all times of the day since they are primary east-west corridors. As long as the road goes north-south, the traffic flow is much faster.

I am definitely that kind of driver that will jump off the Interstate looking for an alternative route rather than sit in bumper-to-bumper traffic (which is how I discovered Seven Locks Road).

Of course, finding a way not to return home during rush hour is also a good plan, which is why I will probably be hashing more with SH*T in the upcoming months, as their territory coincides with my new project location.

No comments: