Well, my 2-year sojourn in Bethesda has come to an end. The budget disappeared on the project I have been assigned to, and although I have been offered the prospect of transferring to a different department to perform budget tracking and analysis through March, I prefer to make a clean break now.
Fortunately, I am not required to stay on the bench twiddling my thumbs for long – I have been assigned to a rather interesting telecom implementation project in Herndon, VA. Uggghhh! Herndon??? I live 35 miles and across the dreaded Potomac River from Herndon. This will not be a pleasant drive. The good news is that I will be working under the direct supervision of a senior manager (before I was doing staff aug work and had no supervision), so a promotion might be in sight in the next 6 months. Hopefully, I will not have to drive to Herndon for the next 2 years….
No comments:
Post a Comment