Slurpee and I ran together on this disastrous trail. We didn't intend to zen the entire trail, but somehow we did. Our first mistake was to listen to WoWo when he told us we could shortcut through a building to get to the runner's trail on the other side. We never found a way out of the plaza he led us to, so we were way behind the pack by the time we came out.
Then once we passed the Crystal City Water Park (site of my engagement photos), we totally lost trail. We found true trail arrows, but they were intermittent and hard to follow. We picked up trail again by the Pentagon City mall, but then promptly lost it when we didn't go in the mall (yes, as if we hadn't learned our lesson yet about zenning!). Long and short, we picked up trail, missed the 1st beer check and shot check, but managed to make it to the beer check with the slip and slide. I was too miserable from the humidity to do anything except drink water.
My GPS ran out of juice, so I wasn't able to track my mileage for the 2nd half of trail. Spelunker was very unhappy that I told him that the hash wasn't that far, when he felt that Crystal City is very far indeed. Unfortunately, it took us 30 minutes waiting for the yellow line since metro was single-tracking through Crystal City. We didn't end up making it home until waaaaay past midnight (and we left around 9:45!). Uggghhh!
No comments:
Post a Comment