Thursday, August 27, 2009

EWH3 Hash #546

2nd week in a row where the start location is changed at the last minute. I went to Trusty's for the Potomac Ave start, but am informed by other hashers that the start is at Stadium-Armory. Ah well, I still have time for a PBR and some white bean chicken chili. Yumm!

Hot and humid like usual, but I thought I was doing so well on the trail. I was with the pack the entire way through the DC streets and managed to keep up with the FRBs for the first 20 minutes of trail. Of course, I realized that 1/2 the pack was missing, but I still thought I was doing well. Then we hit the shot check (which I skipped) and the cemetery. All my motivation ended at this point.

At first, I was really disturbed by the fact that quite a few tombstones had been broken in the creation of a road surrounding the graves. Then I encountered this totem in the middle of the cemetery:
WTF??!! I've since found out the name of the cemetery is Congressional Cemetery. Would someone please explain why totem poles are here?

Then we ran by some mausoleums - talk about scary! This is a picture of what we ran by, except at 8:00 at night.
Then to make matters worse, I'm nearly run over by the 2 police vehicles screaming down the end of the RFK tunnel.

The hash started well at least.

No comments: