Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Woodley Estate

MD beat Navy! Woo-hoo! Damn, I love football! Too bad I never watch tv, so I have no clue what the game schedules are. Of course, I have no excuse, I think the MD alumni association sends me 15 game schedules a year, but they're buried in my stack of mail on my dining room table cause I'm never home to read through that stuff.

So, I arrive at the Woodley estate party grab a beer, drink a shot off the luge and plant myself in front of the tv to watch the game. Damn shame - I abandon Lissy to her own devices to watch a football game (what kind of friend am I?). I am joined by Ike, who's a resident of Woodley and 2001 MD alum (I think he's shocked to find out I graduated in 1998). Fortunately, I arrive at the tail end of the 3rd quarter of the game, so I'm not totally anti-social the entire night.

I've been around a shot luge before, but have never participated (haven't participated in beer pong or flip-cup yet, either - yes, I know, what was I doing undergrad? - not drinking!). After my first shot goes down so slow, I opt for some Hot Damn! for the 2nd round. Stuff's not bad, but it comes down so quick that I start coughing - ahh, how embarassing!

Drip Dry arrives at the same time as Lissy and I and breaks out these adorable 70’s era shoes that have a hollow sole. She’s telling us that she tried to give them to her friend but they were too big for her feet. Since the shoes are a size 9 and I wear a size 10, I ask to try them on. Oh, I totally love the shoes! Of course, they make me 6 feet tall, but I don’t care! Since DD only paid $2 for them, she doesn’t mind parting with them – does she not like them for some reason? I would never give these shoes away! Of course, Sause totally loves me in the shoes (I think he has a thing for Amazons) and walks me around the backyard with my arm on top of his shoulders. What a shame! There’s only, like, 5 guys taller than me in the heels – Groggy, Hands Solo, 2 Short 2 Phlop and a couple others I didn’t meet. Back to the 5’8” standard – much easier selection that way!

No comments: