RW and I head for DC at 10:30am. I'm gonna miss the WH4 hash. Damn! There goes my running! I totally HAVE to run at least twice a week. Gotta keep improving - maybe the Sh*t hash will be accessible this week (need to check that out).
I call MM, "Whattya up to today?"See, I always have a backup plan for my social calendar - very important!
MM replies, "Heading to Georgetown - wanna hang out? I know you have your bathing suit - you were swimming all weekend."
"Sure - I'll give you a call once I hit DC."
MM has a new girl, Robin. She's very nice and I hope she sticks around. We both enjoy playing the role of boat wenches and change into our bikinis - mine's white, hers is neon yellow, and I'm brunette and she's blond. What variety! See, you're more likely to get docking privileges on another boat if there are attractive, scantily-clad women aboard. MM employs this strategy often.
MM pulls up to the waterfront and R and I prep the boat for docking. I'm on the bow of the boat (extremely visible position!) tossing lines to Max (another boat owner I met during the 4th of July - he's great!). Once docked, R and I sit on the bow and pose for the tourists snapping pics of the boats (I'm such a media slut!). Max joins me and suggests I enter sales (he tells me I have a great personality - isn't he sweet?). He gives me his cell # and tells me to contact him for a job opportunity at New York Life Insurance. Score #1! I'll check this out!

And guess who I run into? Marie! She was on Dr. J's boat the last time I was in Georgetown - she's such a sweet girl! She spies me hanging out on the boat, so I invite her aboard. She's eating lunch with a friend from L.A. who's an actor, Poncho. They both join us and are impressed by the casual, fun atmosphere on MM's boat. Look! MM and his guests KNOW how to have a good time!
I have to describe Poncho to y'all. The dude is a giant! He is 6'8" - even RU-469 is impressed by his height - and is pretty stacked. I wouldn't say football player huge, but close. Wanna check him out? He has a website since he's an actor. I have his business card - score #2! Pretty good looking, isn't he? But he's an actor - of course, he's gonna be hot - can't make it big otherwise. And of all the days when I should have worn my superstar sunglasses! Poncho is wearing sunglasses just like mine, but without the rhinestones. Dammit - we could've been superstar twins!
Poncho is a social butterfly. Typical star behavior - on his cell phone, talking to the hot chicks, drinking shots with the buddies, and running from the boat to the bar and all around introducing himself to his fans (even actors that aren't household names have fan clubs apparently). Since he's acting like a star, he buys the females a round of shots (in order to get into the bar, I have to put on shorts - it's 8:30pm, I'm getting dressed early tonight - still don't have a shirt on, though). He orders kamikazes - those kamikazes are triples! They don't taste strong, but hell if doesn't take 3 swallows to get down! I'm now a very happy camper and silly too!
Anyone who has spent anytime in my vicinity knows I have VERY powerful lungs and tend to shout A LOT. We, the four beautiful females, sit in a row facing the boardwalk dangling our legs over the side of the boat (yes, we're still posing for the tourists!).
Poncho returns towards us from one of the bars and I shout out, "Hey Poncho! How's it hangin'?"Everything gets pretty quiet for a minute there...Cut me some slack! It's a form of greeting - it just has another connotation.
He replies, "To the left"Yes, I am. Anything else?
Marie tells me, "You're so silly"
Now, usually, the atmosphere on MM's boat is contained to socializing only among the people ON the boat. Tonight, since there are 4 females on the boat (and 2 are wearing bikinis), we're interacting quite a bit with the boardwalk strollers and other boat parties. And what a change! I have a total blast! Guys are stopping by asking for my name and I get a kick out of introducing myself as Late Nite. It IS my name! So what if they start thinking of other things? I can't prevent them from using their own imagination! One of the other boat owners gives me his business card (to learn about hashing, he says). Score #3!
1 comment:
Sh*t hash is in Fairfax, and you won't need any special docking priveleges, although you will probably make some friends if you show up in your bathing suit.
Post a Comment