Well, like all first days on the job, today is all about filling out paperwork. Since I work for such a small company, all the benefits and paychecks are outsourced to a HR management company. It’s confusing reading through all the paperwork that says LNDT “is an employee of both company X and Y” and then knowing that everything I’m doing today, I’ll have to do again on Wednesday for the company I’m contracted to. Even the laptop! I get a company laptop, but I’m also going to get a laptop from the client. 2 laptops! What am I going to do with 2 laptops?
In any case, the people are great here. They take me out to lunch and invite me to 3 networking events this week. Gosh! I’ve been here one day and already have social activities on the agenda. But I like staying busy, so no complaints from this quarter.

After work, I head over to
Pentagon City to get a bite to eat.
As I’m sitting at the bar, the gentleman next to me shows me this neat trick.
Apparently, it’s possible to balance two inter-laced forks on a toothpick.
Totally amazing!
If I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn’t believe it’s possible.
Ah well, back home for me. Again, I’m going to be a good girl and call it an early evening. Boring today, aren’t I?
1 comment:
At least you're getting the laptops for your job. I own 3 laptops, and 4 desktop systems. Why? I guess cuz I'm a geek.
Post a Comment