Earlier in the week, Can't Stop asked if a hasher would like to join him at the Caps game on Friday. I volunteered to accompany him since I've scheduled myself a break between my old and new jobs (besides, I haven't been to a hockey game in a couple of years).
Wow!! What great seats! We're in the second row from the glass right next to the visitor's penalty box. I've never sat down here before. It's pretty scary too. The puck hits the glass right in front of my face and so do the players. I've got my new Casio Exilim camera ready to take pics (thanks for the recommending it, OFE! You're an electronics genius!), but am so shocked everytime the players hit the glass that I'm unable to take a pic (I guess y'all now know you can't count on me in an emergency).
Within the first 2 minutes of the game a fight breaks out. Oh boy!! This is why people like watching hockey! And do I take any pics?
I tell Can't Stop, "I guess I should have taken a picture of that fight".My reaction time isn't too good. But whattya know? I'm so fortunate to be sitting close to a heckler - this loyal Caps fan is just making fun of the Devil's players in the penalty box. What a riot!
"Yeah, what's wrong with you?"
And what a coincidence! My bosses from the distribution center are also at the game. They're up in the club level, so we head up to the Acela restaurant to hang out with them during the 2nd period. At least we get a free beer out of it (aren't my ex-bosses, great?). They love hearing about my hashing stories (I have to admit that working in a distribution center prepared me for hashing).Damn! The Caps lose to the Devils 4 to 3. Not good.
Afterwards, we go to Fado's to meet up with Bow Chicka Bow Bow, OFE and Just Shannon. I'm starving! I totally inhale a corned beef sandwich as soon as I walk into the bar. OFE and JS have been drinking since 11:30am - dem drunk bastads! Y'all trying to set a record for most continuous drinking hours or something?
Around 5pm, Can't Stop and Bow leave to meet up with other friends and I piggyback with OFE and JS to go to Beltway Bob's at Rock Bottom. It takes forever to get there. Damn public transportation! The train breaks down at McPherson Square and all the passengers have to unload. OFE has no patience with metro. He's not used to riding. I've been riding metro daily for 4 years, so this is old hat for me.
He tells us, "I'd take a taxi, but I've been spending too much on cabbage."Dude! That sounds like something I'd say! Is cabbage, in the sense you mean it, even a word?
And what the hell? We're early? It's 6:30pm and we're the first one's at the bar. No fear, Doucheberg to the rescue! Good! Someone for me to rag on (most people rag on me, so I'm happy to find a few I can molest - oops! maybe I should use a different verb? how about bother?)!
3 hours later, I'm ready to fall asleep.
I threaten everyone, "If y'all don't get me to some music, I'm gonna fall asleep."


No one wants to go very far, so we go to Clarendon Grille. OMG!! The band is awesome! They're an all-guy band called Liquid A and they ALL sing. They sing everything from Kanye West's "Golddigger" to Metallica's "Enter the Sandman" to Kenny Loggin's "Footloose". Please tell me how I can become their groupie! I'll check them out every week if I can! Ain't gonna fall asleep now! I can party all night as long as there's music!
No comments:
Post a Comment