Observations:
- Either I (as a DFL) am not a good sweeper, or the pack zenned, or the trail was super-easy to follow. I never once caught up to the pack on trail. I was there if they needed me, though.
- Advertising the "best beer check EVER!", and then having 1/2 the pack (mostly walkers) shut out of the beer check by security, means the hares made false promises. Oh well - the hares lied. Didn't anyone tell you to never believe anything the hares tell you?
- Initially, the hare count was supposed to be 4 hares (2 laying trail, 1 sweeper, and 1 walker). Again, nothing goes as planned. I became a 2nd sweeper and we designated a new walker's hare, and when Spelunker was late, Bob LoBlaw was brought in at the last minute (of course, Spelunker showed up 45 seconds after the hares took off).
- The hares were at fault for laying trail through an apartment complex and laying trail over the courtyard wall. However, we did not suspect that one of the apartment residents would chase after the pack to the beer check. Note to all: The apartment complex at O St SW is private property and we are NOT to destroy their landscaping.
- There is only one place to end near Eastern Market, and anyone that has been hashing for longer than a year knows where it is. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that very few people followed the zig-zaggy trail through the rowhome alleyways on the 2nd half.
No comments:
Post a Comment