Tuesday, June 17, 2008

4th Leg of Tour duh Hash

Spelunker was late for the 2nd day in a row. Since I promised to pick him up at the metro, this resulted in us both arriving after the pack had taken off. I was assured that the pack was only 3 minutes in front of us, and with Dildo Shaggins to accompany me, I took off after the runners. Spelunker, on the other hand, stayed behind presumably to catch up with the walkers.

It didn't take long for Shaggins and I to catch up with the DFLs as they were traversing the shiggy. Sh*t! I forgot to apply Ivy Block. I guess a week from now, I will be kevetching over my ugly legs covered in PI. However, since most of the trail entails wading through a creek, maybe I washed most of it off. Once we get out of the infernal creek, we spy the walkers leaving the beer check. I guess that means there are no beverages left to consume. Oh well.

On out from the beer check, the trail again went back into the creek after crossing Rt. 50. This time, however, the creek wading is hip-high and in one spot is even waist-high. For you sub 5-footers out there (aka Duals), that would be chest-high and maybe a spot of swimming. At this point, my kevetching turns into outright b*tching. Do you know what running in wet shorts does to your inner thighs? It causes runners rash. Yep. Yours truly now has lovely 2-inch square patches of red bumps on my inner thighs.

But is the trail fun? You betcha. And I ran most of the parts I wasn't wading too. For a total of 4.5 miles. Not too shabby. But I never did catch up to the main body of the pack. Figures.

However, at the end, I discover Spelunker never even left the start. Jeez! He starts marathon training and stops hashing. I've picked a real winner, folks. Then I notice 2 scabs on his lower lips and ask him about them. Apparently he showered AND shaved before coming to the hash, which is why he was late.
I exclaim, "You're not supposed to shave your lips!"
Of course, Ogre overhears me and turns my statement over to And How's Her Bush for violations. Tattle-tale! It wasn't even that funny. Of course, before my violation in circle, AHHB has to violate everyone in attendance at least once, which with a 150-person hash means that violations go on and on for 45 minutes. Jeez, AHHB! I know you take your duties seriously, but you don't need to report everything!

And as announced at WH4 last night, Mr. Magoo announces the upcoming fundraising for the Hash museum in Kuala Lumpur. If you haven't heard about it yet, you can read all about it here. I'm sure if your hash hasn't yet signed up for fundraising activities that the Hash House would appreciate the assistance. I'm not sure how DC Full Moon is going about performing the fundraising as Mr. Magoo was a little vague on that point, but I'll post more as I learn it.

No comments: