I did an excellent job on my speed workout last night. First, I warmed up with a 10-minute jog (approx. .85 miles), then I ran each of my 1/4 mile laps.
Lap #1: 2:11
Lap #2: 2:11
Lap #3: 2:14
Lap #4: 2:20
I didn't quite make my goal of under 2:10 per lap, but at least I'm working towards that goal. In the meantime, Spelunker is also doing his speed workout, which is much more extensive than mine. He is running 8 3/4-mile repeats with a 1-mile warm-up and cool-down.
By the time I finish my 1-mile total speed workout, he has only completed 3 of his repeats. 5 more to go? I'm going to have a loooooong cool-down then. And that's what I do. I run for an additional 2.25 miles (after walking a catch-my-breath lap).
I'm actually quite proud of myself because while we are doing our workout, a group of about 6 12-year olds come onto the track with their coach to run laps. While I'm slower than they were - I never once stopped running, while those whippersnappers had to walk a bit after every couple of laps.
All in all, though, I ran a total of 4 miles during this workout and just felt great for the remainder of the day. Add on my wonderful meal of mushroom tilapia, and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening.
3 comments:
Lap number four was HORRIBLE, wanker! Grow some cojones!
Hey I will be in VA, Chantilly for work July 19-26th... You gona be there?
YAY! You are blogging again. Bout time. I'll do some weekend long runs with ya!
Post a Comment