Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Ballston: Happy Hour Central

Today I've got two happy hours that I'm attending - and what a coincidence! Both happy hours are within 2 blocks of my workplace! This one is so easy, I don't even have to think about it.

My girlfriend, S, lives across the street from my work and is the social chair for her condominium. Since it's been a while since we've hung out, I head over to the Rio Grande Cafe after work. Since I now drink like a fish (damn hashing!), I scarf down 2 margaritas within a half-hour.
S isn't used to my new drinking style and tells me, "Be careful not to drink too much. We have interviews in the morning."
Ah, yes! The interviews with Macy's to see if we keep our jobs or can move into bigger and better ones. I promise S I won't drink anymore this evening - and I keep my promise! Aren't I so responsible?

After a couple of hours, I decide to check out how the hashers are doing and walk over to The Front Page. On the spur of the moment, I decide to use the rear entrance, and it's a good thing too! Nasty When Wet arrives a few moments after me and is complaining cause she had to wait to get in the front door. Since she brought Rocket's birthday cake, she was mighty uncomfortable waiting in line. She apologizes later for complaining, but it's no big deal. If I had arrived carrying a cake and wasn't immediately allowed in, I would complain too.

I introduce myself to Up Her Alley, who I've never met before.
5 seconds later I ask, "Is your real name R..... C.....?"
He replies, "Yeah! How did you know that?"
"Oh, I must have seen your name on Digby's. Do you post a lot?"
"Not really. Wow. That's really impressive!"
"Yeah. It's a talent I have...I know Toothfairy's is P.... T...., Breathless is E... K....., and Rocket is G.... H...."
Yeah, I know....y'all think I'm psycho, dontcha? Blame gmail for showing real names - I can't help it if I have a good memory...ok, maybe a photographic one...

Since Toothfairy promised all pre-lewb attendees Japanese souveneirs, I receive a pink Samurai Hash House Harriers towel. How nice! It's the perfect size to cover my boobs when I'm changing in public!

When Doucheberg arrives, he gets a blue one. Hey! Why do I get pink and he gets blue? I offer to trade DB my pink one for his blue one, but he refuses! Why, I wonder? Come on, DB! Pink is THE color for guys this year!

We leave The Front Page cause it's WAY too crowded and go to the Macaroni Grill for some food. Awwww! We get to draw on our tables! What fun for the kiddies (oh, I mean, hashers)! NWW draws vegetables. One of her vegetables looks like a red cucumber, but she claims it's a hot chile...sure...whatever you say! That's a mighty LARGE hot chile! I write "Late Nite Drive Thru was here" and draw a little moon, a car, and some burgers and fries (just like the charms I bought). I try to take a picture of my artwork with my camera phone, but what a sh*tty camera!
I complain, "My picture is over-exposed!"
OTIS replies, "Well, you're in the right crowd for that."
Ha, ha! Too funny!

The Macaroni Grill must not be used to having parties of 8 walk in at 9pm because we have such horrible service! I go there occasionally for lunch and the service is usually pretty good - well, not tonight! Our drinks are all messed up, we never get silverware, bread, or plates until we ask . What's up with them?

I guess it's a good thing that we have terrible service cause none of us want to hang around and I need to get some sleep before my interview.
I tell the group, "I'm tired."
DB replies, "You LOOK tired."
Thanks, DB! Once again, you're telling me how unattractive I am. I now know who I can count on to tell me I'm having an ugly-day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you own shares of notvodka.com?
http://blogshares.com/blogs.php?blog=http%3A%2F%2Fnotvodka.typepad.com%2Fi_cant_believe_its_not_vo%2F

Ross said...

Paulo loves you.

~Paulo