Sunday, October 16, 2005

How are Pancakes like Wives?

The gang leaves Corn's place and heads over to Kane's for his pancake-palooza. Nub says he knows the way and leads the 5-car caravan through the Herndon countryside. But wait up! Nub, do you really know where you're going? I swear we just were on Elden St! We're driving in circles!
Note to self: don't let blondes give directions....

Finally we find Kane's housing deveopment and park immediately at the main entrance. We call Kane to tell him we've arrived and he tells us to get back in our cars and drive to his building.
We're all, like, "How far can it be? We'll walk!"
Well...it turns out it's pretty far...it's our FatBoy recovery trail! We even have a shiggy water element! We opt to pass through a drainage ditch/gully in front of Kane's building.

Damn Haystack! What walker's trail is complete without shenanigans and horseplay? And guess who today's victim is? You guessed it! Yours truly. I have my arms full with my pillow and Indian blanket, and he takes advantage of this. He pantses (sp??) me! Damn it! If I was wearing bikini briefs, I wouldn't care, but I'm wearing a g-string! I hope no one saw that!

Kane is a wonderful host. He's got the munchies ready and whips up a batch of pancakes and sausages for everyone. Yum!! Sausages!! I'm getting plenty of sausage today (pun! pun!)! I had a sausage patty at Corn's house before we left and was a very happy camper - and now I get more! ahhhh...I'm blissfully happy! Later, when the others arrive after the kickball game (which they lost, btw), another batch is cooked up - but this batch is sweet - must be maple sausages or something like that...
I say, "I like my sausages saltier".
Everyone just looks at me...what? what did I say? hee hee...Yes, I know what I said! I'm instigating now!

MM tells us a joke, but doesn't tell us the punchline. Can someone please tell me how pancakes are like wives? I mean...come on! You can't throw something like that at me and not tell me anything! I'm supposed to figure it out? Not fair!

This is supposed to be a movie-watching party, so we veg out to Bad Santa. Not bad, but I wish I was more awake and less hung-over - I would appreciate the humor more...and quit putting your feet on my pillow, Haystack! Gross! I can't leave my pillow unattended cause he keeps swiping it from me! Bring your own damn pillow!

Kane goes into his room and all of a sudden, we hear this whirring noise.
Nub shouts out, "Kane what are you doing in there? Are you drying your hair when your hair is dry?"
We all start speculating on what the whirring noise could be...hmmm...some sex toy, perhaps? Nope! He pulls an air mattress out of his room. Great! A bed! Lemme climb on! At this point, the kickballers have arrived and we start watching Shaun of the Dead. I'm def more alert now! Very entertaining movie! Nub wants on the mattress, but doesn't have anyplace to rest his head - so what's he use as a pillow? You guessed it! Yours truly's chest. Nub then proceeds to crack jokes about my boobs. Hey, man! I'm being very accomodating here - no need to take advantage of the situation!
MM tells him, "You're digging yourself into a hole".
Nub replies, "I'm not digging in any holes!"
All right, that's enough! Just pay attention to the stinkin' movies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you guys could make it out, it was a fun day. I am doing another one in December with a christmas movie theme.