Today is Mellow’s annual birthday hash.
Now, lately, I haven't had much of note to write about concerning the hashes. However, today I make a HUGE blunder. I decide to follow some short-cutting bastards. Well, they didn't find any shortcut. Instead, I probably run a 1/2 mile to 3/4 mile off trail. Fortunately, Obeastiologist is a rather considerate short-cutter and marks trail for this woefully lost DFL.
Of course, I also have White Kane to keep me company as DFL. However, he has one condition. He must finish a few steps in front of me at the end. Bastard! What's it matter if you finish behind me? White House doesn't violate DFLs like the SH*T does. And what's the harm in drinking an extra beer anyhows?
Considering that I run an extra-long 1st half, you'd have thunk I would not run the 2nd half. But I guess I'm a glutton for punishment today cause I run the 2nd half too. This time, though, I finish well ahead of the DFLs. I guess I find a second wind.
However, I still don’t go to the bar because I’m tired from the long run. Yes, I know – what has gotten into me?
No comments:
Post a Comment