Beltway Bob's tonight is at John Harvard's. I'm very familiar with the place cause I used to drink there after my MBA classes got out at the Ronald Reagan Building. Yes...I'm used to not getting sleep cause my classes didn't get out until 9:40pm - you do the math...
I get off the at Metro Center and walk down 13th street. Now, if you're familiar with 13th street, you'll know that the sidewalk between E and F is not the typical concrete - it's marble or granite (some smooth stone of some sort). I'm wearing cheap old flip-flops I bought from Target with absolutely NO traction. I've slipped a few times already walking in the rain, so I'm trying to be very careful. Well!! Did I mention that there is an EXTREMELY steep downhill slope between E and F? I'm about 10 feet from the Warner Theater when it begins...I slip, catch my balance and stop. But guess what? I don't stop! Even though I'm not moving, my flip-flops just start sliding down the hill! Lord-a-mercy! How dangerous! To make matters worse, there's a crowd of people in front of the Warner Theater waiting for a show to begin.The security guards shout out to me, "Girl, take those shoes off!"As soon as I take them off, I stop sliding. I will never wear flip-flops in the rain again! When I look up, I see All in the Family standing outside John Harvard's.
I ask him, "Did you see that?"It figures that I get a witness for my mishaps! Typical!
He replies, "I was thinking to myself 'I should offer that lady some assistance' and then you looked up and I realized, 'That's a hasher!' ".
Ahhh...my gang is in attendance tonight! Nub, IHOV, RU-469 and I hang out while talking with Outback Snakehouse, Hard Drive, Just Kara, and the FL visitor, Fire in the Hole. Since it's miserable out, MM picks the gang up and drives us to RK's place. Thanks, MM - you're better than a taxi!
I start off the evening drinking gin and tonics at John Harvard's and upon arriving at RK's move to Captain and Coke. Damn! I mix a strong drink! I don't get messed up often, but I'm totally plastered tonight. Good thing I take metro. Now, I don't know if the alcohol had something to do with it, but at some point while I'm talking to Haystack, he pops my bra without my knowledge. I don't even realize my bra is unhooked until I bend down and realize my boobs are loose! When the hell did you do that, man? No one saw you! OFE claims PIH may even put Ass Ogre to shame. Hmmm....we'll have to hold a bra-popping contest, then...
I do manage to make it home in one piece, though. I don't know how, but I make it home. I remember MM dropping me off at Union Station and waking up at the Glenmont station when the conductor starts flashing the lights on and off. Other than that - it's all a blur...
1 comment:
absinthe rocks. the original recipie has been known to casue hallucinations. it is rumored that van goah was drinking absinthe when he cut off his ear. i had it in prague. it's illegal to sell in the US and you have to import it. The best stuff is from teh czech republic
Post a Comment