Monday, August 29, 2005

Avoiding the Hash Shit

It's a small hash tonight in Forest Glen (Bumf***), MD, which means it's actually in my neck of the woods. The weather is great and the trail is challenging (I only wish that the 1st half is longer than the 2nd half - it really makes it much easier to prepare). A novelty tonight, though - railroad tracks! It's not easy running on the tracks, there are large rocks and you need to adjust your pace so that you land ON a railroad tie, not between them. In addition, as half the hashers are running down the tracks, crossing a bridge, the railroad crossing guards come down warning us of an approaching train. As a result, half the pack has to sit for 10 minutes as we wait for the train to pass by (we're on the wrong side of the tracks). Plenty of shiggy, lots of hills, but overall I enjoy the run (funny how my attitude towards running regularly is changing!).
Now at the ending circle, MM violates me for puking off the back of his boat, but doesn't say a word when it's time for the hash shit (he hopes someone from the party will appear to nominate me - he doesn't want to have it hanging on his conscience). However, MM doesn't stop with just me, he also violates Just Tom for interrupting the 2 lesbians making out in his cabin. In turn, MM gets violated for having 2 lesbians on his boat and not scoring with either of them. So guess who earns the hash shit for the 3rd week in a row? Motormouth! Cause he didn't have any positive things to say about having lesbians in attendance (also, for having an overly large mouth for such a small hash - man, you can't invite so much attention on yourself!). So, whew! a close one! No one attended the hash that could have nominated me for the hash shit because it was in my neck of the woods - I totally lucked out this time! But just wait! I'm sure I will have another situation where I make a fool of myself - it's only a matter of time.
Sidenote: Miracle of miracles! My missing earring from the F'Art Festival is returned to me! I am so lucky! Who would have thought that Rocket Socket would stumble across it in the grass while packing up on Sunday and give it to Bad Ditch for safe keeping? Now the only item that is permanently lost from the F'Art Festival is my amber sun pendant that fell off while tubing (and it's replaceable! I found it on the Internet for $21 - I'm buying that bad boy!). Now if only I can recover the missing items from last Friday night - only time will tell...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Rocket Socket would stumble across it in the grass"

Riiiight!!!

Whose tent was it in? come on, fess up.... moaner!!!

=)

Late Nite Drive Thru said...

I might be a moaner, but I wasn't THE moaner!

BH said...

I don't think dignity is ever turned in by a good samartitan and returned to you. Or is that just my experience? ;-)