Ever since I completed the Army 10-Miler back in October, I’ve been looking for another event to improve my running. I’ve been considering running a half-marathon for a while and the Yuengling Shamrock Half-Marathon in Virginia Beach seems to be the perfect opportunity for me to increase my r*cing distance.
The event is 8 weeks from now and although I have been running regularly while on vacation, I have not been training. I’m trying to convince my running partner, Hoover Daaamn, to register for the race with me, but so far haven’t succeeded. I don’t see why not??!! She ran the Rock ’n Roll half-marathon AND the Army 10-Miler last year. I have NEVER run a half-marathon (and must have lost a few marbles if I’m looking forward to running one!).
Well, I’ve got 3 weeks to convince Hoover to run the Shamrock half-marathon with me (the rego prices go up on 2/15). Please help me pester her into registering.
Also, if any y’all got a Cherry Blossom 10-Miler rego for sale, I’ll buy it! I didn’t register in time and now it’s full – you know, one of these days, I will actually run a r*ce under my own identity!
So I might as well set my goals right now:
Shamrock Half
Cherry Blossom 10-Miler:
No comments:
Post a Comment