Saturday, April 21, 2007

Hash O’LympD*cks Prep

To say that today is a hectic day for me is an understatement. Since I am a hare for the Full Moon Hash O’LympD*cks AND the hash cash for EWH3, I must not only collect money but also judge events and sweep the turkey trail (and unbeknownst to me also perform accounting duties). Thank goodness we pre-laid the trail, otherwise, we would need more than the 7 hares that we have for our 3 trails.


So the day starts out with me sporting a killer hang-over from my excessive drinking the night before (actually, I don’t think I drank that excessively, but I still have a monster hangover). Now waking up with a hangover wouldn’t be so bad, if I didn’t have a hare meeting at 9:15 in Capitol Hill. Ugggghhhh!! Who came up with the idea to do a hare meeting this early? I’m 45 minutes late to the meeting and by the time I get there, everyone has eaten already. No matter – I can’t eat anything anyway.


I’ve volunteer for scoreboard-making duties in addition to judging some events, helping pre-lay trail, and sweeping the turkey trail. So I’m off on a scoreboard-making mission until our next meeting at 4pm to lay trail.


BTW, don’t ever consume a Bloody Mary made by @ss. He claims to know how to make them, but I had one sip of the concoction he put together and it was foul (that may be because he put Old Bay and crazy hot sauces in his Bloody Mary – or maybe it was too much vodka). Be very wary!


So what do I discover about the Tidewater boys while shopping in Michaels? That although they exclaim, “Ewwwww”, that they still walk in behind me and manage to spend a ½ hour in the store shopping (to make special t-shirts for their team, no less). I even still have time to go to the grocery store for Oreo cookies while they window shop in the party store. Those guys are worse than old women!


P.S. I’m a real b*tch on 4 hours sleep. So you can imagine that I wasn’t real pleasant when chasing them out of the party store. Fortunately, I get a power nap after drawing up the scoreboard.

No comments: