Saturday, April 07, 2007

OTH Hash-a-Thon

First disappointment of the day – the weather. We wake up and discover a ½-inch of snow on the ground. Great! We have to hash in this?? Yuck!

So what’s this hash-a-thon all about? It’s Over-the-Hump’s AGM that is celebrated every year by offering 4 shiggarrific trails in one day-long hashing extravaganza. Over-the-Hump is well known for the length and difficulty of their trails, so I don’t believe that I will be running all four.

In fact, I end up only running part of one and walking another. Yes, I’m a big baby today. But not as much as @ss. He runs one trail and sits in the beer van for the rest of the day. Apparently, it’s too cold and windy for him. Ha! According to Dirty Dogg, VA Beach is just as cold and has more snow on the ground. Quit your b*tching!

Trail 1 beer check:

Lose one glove

@ss tries pole vaulting

Trail 2 beer check:

Pee on trail with Screws on First

Shortcut across the gully to the beercheck

Chlorine poses on the lawnmower

I get accused as one of the 3 Girls peeing in tandem on trail – false accusation – they mistook Designer for me.

Shoes for $50 – One-Eyed Willy buys some crazy silvery-yellow sneakers

Make a bet to find out if Ogre is a “grower” or a “show-er”.

Trail 3 beer check:

Investigate goings-ons in one of the townhomes. @ss has been hibernating in the beer van this entire time and runs out to investigate. Nosy harpy!

@ss Ogre got the hash-sh*t for s*x on trail.

One-Eyed Willy in service to her country one serviceman at a time

“Where do I line up?”

TOM finds a bolt at the construction site and uses it to demonstrate Ogre’s “grower” state

Ogre takes a washer from said bolt to affix it to the hash sh*t he has just earned.

Trail 4 beer check:

Girl ran naked for last ¼ mile to win $20 bet.

The on-after is at Choo Choo’s spectacular house

Millions of types of chili

Name a 15-year old girl and these crazy hashers are asking the poor girl about her s*x preferences. Did any y’all stop to consider that maybe she might actually be a v*rgin???

I’m beat by this point and I haven’t even run. I’m wind-burned. Who knew that spending all day outside could wear you out so much?

I must admit, though, that this was the best $25 I’ve ever spent on a DC hashing event. Those OTHers provided us snacks, lunch, dinner, and give-aways in addition to the 4 awesome trails. Great value for the money! I’d do it again, but hopefully next year, the weather will cooperate.

No comments: