Thursday, April 05, 2007

Song: Grit


Okay, I could tell you that this started out as a song about grits, but would you believe me? Actually, that’s not true – although I do have a song about grits in my drafts (needs major re-working!). Actually, this is the first 3 stanzas that I took from Deceit and decided that NOW was a good time to re-visit them. So, my total completed poems for the day is 2. I don’t think I will ever again break my all-time record of writing 5 songs in an afternoon though.


We’ll see, though. I do have 6 songs in draft form that I need to re-visit and 1 topic to brainstorm about. So potentially, if I put my mind to the grindstone, I could possibly punch out 7 songs. I don’t have that much motivation currently….


Looking to the heavens

Nose in the air

Standing tall

Without a care


Stubborn she may be

Rigidness applied

Don’t cross her

She’s b*tchy when she cries


Chorus:

She’s got backbone

Lots of grit

Stare her down

She won’t quit


Who measures up?

Few far and wide

Can muster the ammunition

To shoot down her pride


Upright and willowy

Before the fall

She gets back up

And dusts off it all


Chorus:

She’s got backbone

Lots of grit

Stare her down

She won’t quit


It’ll take more tries

To conquer this maiden

Cause believe it or not

She survives this treason


But why try to defeat her

When as a comrade

The benefits are better

And instantly had


Chorus:

She’s got backbone

Lots of grit

Stare her down

She won’t quit


But who listens to reason

Or even considers

That this woman’s

Got endurance to muster


Pride’s driving force

Carries her onwards

Follow behind

And reap the rewards


Chorus:

She’s got backbone

Lots of grit

Stare her down

She won’t quit

No comments: