Thursday, May 24, 2007

420th EWH3 Hash

It’s our 420th hash and all the hares are dogs. In fact, our theme tonight is “This Hash is Going to the Dogs.” Someone must have been smoking something when they thought this one up. As if dogs could actually lay trail! In actuality, though, I believe this hash is purportedly a dog-friendly hash.


As we’re running along, Doesn’t Pull Out finds a Spanish Spaniel on trail. We try to make sure it stays with the pack until the beer check. Apparently, the dog didn’t like the looks of the tunnel we were required to traverse. Well, for that matter, I didn’t like the looks of it either, which is why I paralleled it. Follow the Bleeder taught me long ago that water elements are not necessary to follow trail. In this case, it’s very true cause we picked up trail by running an 1/8 mile further from the tunnel opening. I’m not sure what happened to those that actually went through the tunnel but they didn’t catch up with us until much, much later.


Unfortunately, the trail dies at the Ballston parking garage. I’m not sure what happened to the trail, but due to our confusion the tunnel traversers finally catch up with us after we spend a ½ hour trying to determine where trail goes. Eventually Obeastiologist leads us to the American Legion where the Legionneers are serving up pitchers of beer. Unfortunately, the dogs aren’t allowed in the building, which causes some to wonder why the hash is considered “dog-friendly”.


Even after a lengthy first half, I decide to run the second half too. I’m not sure what’s gotten into me cause I’m so totally out of shape. Fortunately, Slurpee is running with me today, so I’ve got some motivation to keep going. The second half isn’t as long and we end up in Oregon Grind-Her’s backyard. It’s pretty crowded in the yard cause tonight we have 186 wankers and no matter what size yard you have, it’s hard to stuff that many people into it.


Rumor-Mongering:

Bloody @sshole cut circle short. We didn’t have any violations and went straight to our naming. Rumor has it that one of the 50 dogs running around left a present for BA to step in. Hee hee! Was he really that p*ssed?


Bars: SoBe

Total Bar Count: 69

Total DC Bars: 37

No comments: