Thursday, May 10, 2007

Interesting Half-Marathon

So I’ve been in a training slump (cause of my extra-curricular activities) and have been looking for a race to motivate me. I’ve signed up for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in June, but that’s only a 5K and I know I can run that with my eyes closed. I’ve also signed up for the Twilight 4-Miler, which is 3 weeks later, but again, I can run 4 miles with no training whatsoever.


Today, though, Stick It in my Socket posted this interesting link on the SH*T listserv for the Half-Wit 1/2 Marathon. This sounds tailor-made for hashers! Although, I don’t like the idea of running 13.1 miles in the blistering August sun, it def gives me something to challenge myself with. Besides, it looks like the point of this race is to primarily have a good time. Which btw, this is a trail race, not a road race. And check out the FAQ on this site too – hilarious reading!

No comments: