I’m having a rather dramatic weekend. Usually I don’t participate in drama since it doesn’t contribute to any good feelings or sense of accomplishment, but unfortunately, I’m sucked in this time. Edward McScissorhands goes to the hospital because he’s having an asthma attack, so I decide to head back to my place so that I will have my car available to me when he is released.
The problem arises when I try to get Quarter Pound Her to return with us. He refuses and says that we are bailing on our friends. Dude! That is a low punch to be pulling! I can’t help McScissorhands by sitting in a bar waiting for his return. Especially when I’m dependent on public transportation. It’s past midnight and metro will stop running in 2 hours. We are not doing him any good by getting ourselves stranded. But no! He’s staying. I feel responsible leaving him behind as he isn’t from DC, but I can’t force someone to do what he doesn’t want to do.
In the end, McScissorhands finds his way back to the metro near my house and I pick him up when he arrives. Unfortunately, we have no idea what has happened to Quarter Pound Her.
When I wake up the next morning, though, Quarter is sleeping on my second couch. To hear his story, apparently, is a comedy of errors. The boy was so drunk upon leaving the bar that he passed out on the metro and missed the transfer at
He finally arrived when a gas station attendant told him to look up my name in the phone book. And that’s how he found us. I left the door unlocked and he just walked in and passed out around 4:30am. Poor guy! To make matters worse, he lost his bag on the metro when he walked off the train without it. I’ve put in a claim to see if it can be located. Hopefully, metro will get back to me and let me know if I can return it to him.
2 comments:
Um...you leave you door unlocked? This is the same gir who was mugged right?
Balls girl...serious balls. I sleep nect to a loaded .38
no, I usually don't, but since I had a missing hasher - I left it open in case he returned
besides I had 2 gentlemen protecting me!
Post a Comment