Monday, April 02, 2007

Not Sure What I'm Training for Now....

Leg #1:
Start time: 6:30pm
Mileage: 2.43 miles
Time: 25:23
Elevation Gain: 341 ft
Temperature: 79 F
Terrain: Mostly flat with some long gradual hills

Leg #2:
Start time: 8:00 pm
Mileage: 1.16 miles
Time: 12:55
Elevation Gain: 212 ft
Temperature: 73 F
Terrain: Mostly flat with some long gradual hills

Total Distance: 3.58 miles
Total Time: 38:19
Total Elevation: 553 ft

Alright, I know what y'all are thinking - if she's so sick, why'd she go running today? Multiple reasons, actually.
  1. The Claritin is finally starting to kick in
  2. The weather is beautiful - how could I not want to be outside?
  3. Exercise kills germs (or so I've heard - "Sweat it out!!")
  4. I want to prevent any of that dreaded "lactic acid buildup" - I'd rather run a little bit today than be sore tomorrow
  5. Tonight's my gym workout, might as well incorporate a run for my cardio (I could do the elliptical machine, but I'd prefer to run today)
So I didn't run very fast today cause I'm taking it nice and easy. I still manged to have a pretty good pace on my run to the gym. My pace leaving the gym is always substantially slower (cause after weight lifting who has the energy to run?).

And let me state here and now - I hate pear blossom trees!!!! D*mn things stink to high heaven and are probably the culprit for my friggin' sinus infection/allergy problems I'm experiencing. Of course they would be the prominent tree planted in front of all the buildings in my development.

During my short cool down, I decide to use the sidewalk and walk underneath these trees. Big mistake! Immediately, my throat starts constricting, my eyes water, and worst of all - I actually start gagging! I have never had this reaction before. I retreat to the middle of the road and my symptoms are minimized. I'm staying far, far away from them until they get out of their blossom phase (about another 2 weeks).

2 comments:

Catwoman said...

Completely off topic - we are moving to DC sometime in the summer and I was wondering if you could give me some guidance about nice places to live. We are looking at the Virginia area inside the beltway - Alexandria, Falls Church, Annandale, Arlington. We want to be able to walk to the metro & to bars/restaurants. Any suggestions? TIA

Barbara said...

I guess you are NEVER moving to TX..sigh.

Good on the training though..I am the same way when ill...try to run it out. Course I never was the brightest girl around:)