I was telling Hoover last night that when I first felt symptoms of needing to puke, the first thought that instantly panicked me, "Am I pregnant??".
I mean, it was the 3rd day in a row that my stomach was feeling queasy. When you're female and even if you've been on b.c. for your entire adult life, you're gonna have moments of self-doubt. This was one of them.
You can't understand how relieved I was (albeit miserable) when I started getting ALL the indications that I'd caught the flu - cause why can't stomach cramping and puking non-stop be fun?
....and Hoover's reaction?? She bust out laughing. Cause to her the fact that I could possibly be pregnant was beyond imagination. Yeah? Well, I've gotta admit, being pregnant isn't a laughing matter, but mistaking the flu for pregnancy is.
Anyway, here's to all the girls on b.c. that have an occasional self-doubt that it's working....
2 comments:
Oh my, you crack me up! :)
Even if you're missing an ovary, the other's been through nuclear war and is probably sterile anyway, and you've had your tubes, cut, burned and tied, you STILL have moments of doubt... :-)
Post a Comment