Don’t walk into an extremely warm building immediately after running long distances. I walked into my grandparents place directly from the outside and couldn’t breathe. It was 75 degrees in their house (stifling!), but 35 degrees outside. My lungs immediately developed a rasp and I had to walk back outside to cool off.
Layer appropriately. I’ve been having trouble with my last few runs since my @ss was never properly insulated. I have now learned that the most effective way to stay warm is to wear spandex as the BOTTOM layer and cotton sweatpants as the TOP layer.
Don’t drink orange juice after running. I drank a full glass of orange juice to quench my thirst while stretching. Within 15 minutes, my stomach ached so bad I lost my desire for any other beverage. I think it was the sugar content. I’ll have to watch that in the future. Take a hot shower to warm up. I have found that the best way to warm my body back to room temperature after an appropriate cool down is to take a hot shower. Love it!!
Don’t tell your grandmother anything! My grammy is the biggest worry wart on the planet. She thinks I don’t wear enough clothing and shouldn’t run such long distances. Grammy, I’ve been running outside for the last 1 ½ years!! Although I’m not fond of bad weather, I’m not going to avoid running just because it’s windy outside!
1 comment:
You did so wonderful.....Wahooo. wish you lived closer, i have a track and killer 5 mile path i love to do. A couple "small" hills:)
I admire you girl...and you do look awesome too:)
Hot moma!
Post a Comment