Thursday, February 15, 2007

405th EWH3

I’ve bought new running shoes!! I love the Adidas Supernova. I’m a pronator (or maybe an over-pronator – I can never rembember which is which), so I need the extra support that this shoe offers. Since I bought my last pair 6 months ago, the same version is still on the market. Unfortunately, Fleet Feet in Adams Morgan doesn’t have any more in my size. No problem! I can buy the men’s version of the shoe since I wear an 8 ½ in men’s. Yes, I have large feet for a girl, but I’m also 5’9”.

And what does this have to do with the hash tonight? Well, the hash is at U Street, so Adams Morgan is kind of on my way (not really, but I really need new sneakers – my tread is kaput). And no! I’m not wearing my new shoes to the hash! Are you crazy? With that nasty sludge out in the streets, I’m not about to drink out my shoes this evening.

…so what do I remember from this hash?

I walk the hash (highly irregular!).

Silver Spooge has his second attempt at being a walker hare and although I have only hared one trail in my entire hashing career (yes, I’m a dead-beat wanker), I know more about laying trail than he does…. Apparently, he’s instructed to lay trail using Fruity Pebbles. That’s all well and good for areas where there’s too much snow and ice, but the WHOLE trail cannot be marked that way.

As Little Red Ride Me Good and I leave the beer check, 3 security officers stroll towards the runners and Plan B. Uh oh! We continue walking around the corner, and all of sudden, runners start pouring out the other street.

Areola comments, “The runners weren’t supposed to leave for 5 more minutes.”
“Ummm….the security officers we encountered probably had something to do with that.”
“OH! Yeah they would.”


I skip the naming – sorry Night at the C*cksbury! It’s cold outside and my @ss is frozen. The on-after is at Bohemian Caverns. What a cool place! It’s a jazz lounge with fab décor (like a cave – duh!).

I run into Sucks it Blue for the first time in forever. You know he once told me I was one of the sexiest girls in the hash – he warms my heart!

And since I have failed to properly insulate my @ss this evening (again!), I take donations in the form of spanking and rubbing in order to inject more warmth into it. A Red River Runs Through It recommends that I wear a layer over my spandex (rather than under) next time to create air pockets of warmth. Great idea! I’ll try that!

Bar: Bohemian Cavern
Total Bar Count: 20
Total DC Bars: 10

No comments: