I like writing about the recurring themes in my life. Since I have an intense fascination with being a Supergirl, I brainstormed this song today. And for this one, I am channeling “Unforgiven”.
Jack, Jim, and Johnny
Were my only friends
Drowning my sorrows
Alone and on a bend
From black days
and darker nights
Rescued from despair
I never saw her glimmer
Never saw her tears
Through constancy
and persistence
She struggled on
To provide meaning
To my phantom of a soul
I thought I had been rescued
by a wandering a-an-gel
But no, she’s my Supergirl
So bright and open
Saving my world
Her purity unfathomed
Laughter unfurled
My demons have been exorcised
She has provided a light repaired
Miracle of miracles
Only to her I swear
Jack, Jim, and Johnny
No longer my crutch
I stand on my own now
With my Supergirl I trust
No comments:
Post a Comment