Monday, February 05, 2007

Crisis: Project Management Work

Usually, I don’t write about the work I perform, but when it invades my personal time, I have to comment upon it. I put in a 12-hour day today (highly unsusual!). And it appears that I may continue to put in those kind of hours for the next 2 weeks. I’ve just added more responsibilities and my due dates have been constricted, so my team is in panic mode trying to figure out how we are going to perform our work with the new deadlines and budget cuts that have been proposed. Yuck!!

So…as a result, I don’t arrive home until 9pm, so I am extremely reluctant to do my speed session on a dark, isolated high school track (I might not have learned much from being mugged, but avoiding placing myself in isolated situations is one of those lessons I’ve learned). In addition, the wind chill is at -2 F ….brrrrr!!!! Yeah, I’m gonna postpone my speed session to my Wednesday lunch hour….

But there’s no getting out of going to the gym...It’s a good thing I’m blessed with lots of determination!! On-lifting weights tonight and a 5-miler tomorrow.

No comments: