Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Week 5: 5-Mile Maintenance Training Run #1

Leg #1:
Start time: 8:00pm
Mileage: 4.62 miles
Time: 47:08
Elevation Gain: 478 ft
Temperature: 34 F
Terrain: Mostly flat with some long gradual hills

Leg #2:
Start time: 9:45 pm
Mileage: 1.42 miles
Time: 16:05
Elevation Gain: 327 ft
Temperature: 34 F
Terrain: Mostly flat with some long gradual hills

Total Distance: 6.03 miles
Total Time: 1:03
Total Elevation: 805 ft

D*mn Brownie! You must have really jump-started me by telling me I'd lose 10 lbs by running faster. I d*mn near came close to beating my time at the Marine Corps 10K.

So why do I have two legs today? Well, my gym is located 1.42 miles from my house, so I ran out 3 miles, ran back to the gym, lifted weights for an hour (but no squats - blaaaaccchhhh!!), and ran back to my house. I have to admit, though, I was only running back to keep my muscles warm (it is a 1.42 mile walk, you know!).

BTW, I finally installed the Garmin software on my computer and uploaded my training runs for the last 2 weeks. My elevations have been all wrong up until today!! Apparently, the elevation change for my normal run is 1800 feet. Is this thing correct?? Once the snow melts and I can resume my normal course, I'm gonna check this out.

No comments: