Friday, February 09, 2007

Lynchburg Red Dress Run: Prep

Another Red Dress Run – I soooo love the color red! I have packed 3 red dresses for this weekend – two I have worn at previous red dress runs and the other is a virgin red dress. I just can’t decide what to wear! In addition, Designer calls me this morning from a thrift shop and asks me if I want a cute red dress that will look perfect on me. Sure, darlin’! Thanks for thinking of me! I’ve now got 4 dresses to wear this weekend. Hmmm…I believe I will wear only red dresses this weekend. Yep! That’ll be my plan!

It’s a 3 ½ hour drive to Lynchburg and I’m making the trek with Chlorine Will Kill Anything and Designer Bush. Chlorine volunteers to drive her Firebird. Chica, you wanna drive? Be my guest! However, she isn’t so happy that she made the choice to drive down when Designer breaks out the Yuengling. Now, now – if you wanted to start partying on the drive down, you shouldn’t have volunteered to drive. Remember that next time!

Schwinn calls me when we’re about an hour from Lynchburg. He hasn’t even left Virginia Beach yet!! Dude! Do you always show up 6 hours late for every event? No matter…he’s reserved a room for us to share. I had so much fun rooming with him and Hoover Daaamn at the TRASH Prom, I bet we’ll have loads of fun again even if Hoover isn’t joining us this weekend!

Training Note:
Since I realize I am not likely to get my 5-mile training run in while in
Lynchburg, I make a valiant attempt to run before leaving work. After belching up my turkey Rueben from lunch during the entire first 1 ½ miles of my run, I give up. I’m sorry, but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – I can’t run on a full stomach. Yeccch!

No comments: