Tonight will be the 1-year anniversary of my mugging.
I was thinking about that yesterday when I walked a mile from Wisconsin Ave. to Connecticut Ave by myself. Although I was in a safe part of town, it was dark out, I was wearing heels (no good for escape), and didn't have my pepper spray on me. Doesn't appear that I've learned much, right?
Well, maybe I can't be a Boy Scout, but I did learn some valuable lessons that evening that have taught me to always be aware of my surroundings.
As for an update on my attackers:
25-yr old: Was originally sentenced to 3 years in maximum security prison. I received notification that his sentence had been reduced and that he was being transferred to a minimum security installation in Hagerstown
18-yr old: Was originally sentenced to 18 months in minimum security prison. Was released after 9 months for good behavior and time served (he was locked up 3 days after he attacked me and the 16-yr old boy in my neighborhood).
Juvie: I was never informed of his status as he was a minor. I'm assuming he went to some juvie reformation center.
2 comments:
Was I supposed to get you a present or something?
obviously she needs more pepper spray so she won't forget it
Post a Comment