I’d love to say that I have a wild time partying cause it’s St. Patrick’s Day, but unfortunately, I have the half-marathon to run tomorrow so my alcohol consumption has to be limited.
So what are the notable events of the day? I attend the Ocean View parade and the Tidewater Green Dress Run.
At the parade, it’s a never-ending presentation of the Khedive Shriners. I don’t know what this organization is (I’m assuming some kind of Masonic-type order), but they have got a HUGE presence in
At the green dress run, I wear shorts cause that’s about the only green clothing I own. It’s quite blustery out, though, so I def have to keep moving in order to stay warm. I only survive one beer check before insisting on returning to the bar. Fortunately, most of the other hashers have the same idea too.
Hash-sh*t nomination:
I haven’t been nominated for the hash-sh*t in a long time (mostly because I don’t regularly attend hashes with a hash-sh*t). Well, today is my lucky day! Schwinn nominates me for the hash sh*t cause I haven’t adhered to the slogan on my shirt, “I’ll try being nicer if you’ll try being smarter.” Apparently, the hash thinks I’ve been too nice to not-so-smart people. I believe that’s my decision to make – isn’t it? I’ve also got a partner in arms. Free Willy joins me for some sort of escapade involving a blind man with a removable eye. Hmmm….that sounds like an interesting situation….
Unfortunately, I missed all the good dirt that happened at the after-party cause I had to go to bed early for the race. But from what I’ve been told, it was a wild time….
Resolution:
Don’t run a r*ce the day AFTER St. Patrick’s Day (or any other binge-drinking holiday) EVER again.
Bar: Tropicana
Total Bar Count: 41
Total DC Bars: 21
No comments:
Post a Comment