Thursday, March 01, 2007

407th EWH3 Hash

@ssflac is back! He has returned from Chicago for the sole purpose to lay trail for EWH3. We are so honored!




I will state, though, that knowing that his co-hare is Obeastiologist and that those two are super-fast runners, this trail will most likely be a long one. In addition, Obeastiologist loves running trails through DC ghettos, so we are also likely to encounter lots of urban shiggy along the way.

Unfortunately, it’s raining today, but with the warm temperatures, it won’t be as miserable as it could be. As I forgot to bring an umbrella, I’m running to stay warm. What I don’t realize, though, is that the walkers walked straight to the bar. Hmmm….I guess I could’ve joined them.


Contents of General’s Farm Animal’s flask:

As I have been sampling from his flask on a weekly basis, I have added this review of his brew. This week, he has concocted “Hot Buttered Rum”. Yum! Although it’s not very hot, it’s very delicious. Even hashers that do not typically partake are taking drags tonight.

Weekly rant:
I haven’t ranted about trail in a while (cause I haven’t had anything to b*tch about), but this week is an exception. What the h*ll is up with making a trail that loops back upon itself? The pack spent 15 minutes trying to figure out where the hell the beer check was because we concluded (incorrectly) that the trail couldn’t resume over a trail we had ALREADY traversed. What a clusterf*ck!

As Schmegg is in attendance today, I request that he break out his thong. He obliges me! Of course, the rest of the pack isn’t as happy to see Schmegg walking around in his thong while he is recruiting people for brew crew this year. I say that he improves the “scenery”!

However, I have to admit that I am surprised when I see him run off after circle still only wearing his thong. You should see the reactions of the barrio residents as he runs by! At one point, though, the cops start following our pack. Uh oh!! Was Schmegg reported? Schmegg, don’t let them catch you!

Now many people will probably question why I haven’t ranted about the ending location this evening. Although the ending location was poorly chosen (an alley behind row houses that back up to a school) and busted by the cops, I am typically more concerned with the trail itself.





I will make an exception concerning the bar though:
  1. What bar runs out of Yuengling? In fact, what bar doesn’t tap a keg for their downstairs bar? Although I am satisfied by drinking PBR, I am extremely unhappy that my beverage of choice is unavailable.
  2. The music selection on the jukebox sucks. When I can’t recognize over half of the artists on the jukebox because they’re second-string artists from the late 70s, I am amazed. I satisfy my music craving by playing lots of Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and Rolling Stones cause they’re about the only musicians worth playing.





Bar:
Temperance Hall

Total Bar Count: 30

Total DC Bars: 17

No comments: