Okay, I have to admit – this one is not a song. It’s a poem through and through. This is what I hope happens on the day of my half-marathon. I wrote this to inspire myself to run harder, faster, stronger, and longer.
BTW, I have decided to revise my half-marathon goal:
It was 2:30
In light of my successful training:
It will be 2:10
Wish me luck!!
The big day is upon me
My fortune resides
In the strength of my lungs
My legs and my thighs
The gun fires off
I run steady and light
I’m pushing, I’m panting
With all of my might
Run faster I yearn
With loads of determination
Motivated to earn
Congratulations
Perseverance pays off
Five miles have I passed
Don’t stop now
Run fast, run fast!
Miles go by
My patience is thin
The faster I lope
The closer the end
Ten miles are behind me
Three more to complete
I’m almost there now
It’s been quite a feat
The finish line’s ahead
I sprint to the end
Legs are on fire
Gait wide and trim
I’m there!
Oh boy!
I’m jumping for joy
Ecstatically pleased
I’ve beaten my goal
Spectators surround
As I pass the pole
Coldness trickles
Down the small of my back
I don’t feel the prickle
Of the cold winter’s tack
Muscles aching
Now that I’m clear
Where to go now?
It’s time for a beer!
But wait, it’s not over
Training to win
Because I’m waiting
for the next race to begin!
1 comment:
Heh, heh, heh...you said loads!
Post a Comment