Friday, March 09, 2007

Song: Mistake I Once Made

Wow!! I’m on quite a kick now. I wrote 5 more songs today. 2 to be published today and the other 3 to be published at a later date. In the meantime, I have 3 more songs I’ve drafted but haven’t been inspired to finish. I’ve also received a request to create a post-marathon song. Let’s see how I perform first to see what the tone of that one will be.


Chorus:

We were once friends

But now that’s all changed

Due to a mistake

I once made


I shouldn’t have pushed

I shouldn’t have pried

I should have let

Sleeping dogs lie


I was too nosy

I barged right in

And opened my mouth

Where I shouldn’t have been


Chorus:

We were once friends

But now that’s all changed

Due to a mistake

I once made


Now the silence is ongoing

A matter of fact

Although I’m still trying

To keep our friendship intact


But things won’t work

Without a two-way street

I believe it’s gone now

I must admit defeat


Chorus:

We were once friends

But now that’s all changed

Due to a mistake

I once made


I pass you on the street

And you nod your head

But there is nothing left

Between us but shreds


I’ve apologized for my actions

My conscious is clear

We are not the same now

After all the years


Chorus:

We were once friends

But now that’s all changed

Due to a mistake

I once made

No comments: