Sunday, March 18, 2007

Post-Marathon Partying

Since this is the ShamrockFEST marathon, there is a huge party after the race with free Yuengling and Irish stew for all the r*cists. So when I enter the pavilion, I certify that I am over 21 years of age and I get 4 drink tickets. That’s all I get???!!! 4 Yuenglings? Well, thanks to the generosity of departing r*cists and the good fortune of the Tidewater hashers to position ourselves next to the exit, we manage to score dozens of drink tickets. Yay!!! Unlimited free beer until 4pm!

….and did y’all know that Yuengling makes a light beer? They’re serving it, but I don’t try it – just give me the regular brew, thank you!

And let me tell you! The band is excellent! They’re a cover band and I never do figure out who they are, but am I dancing up a storm. And yes, I know, I just ran a half-marathon – how could I possibly have enough energy to dance for 4 hours? It’s the 3 cups of coffee I had following the race – that’s why!

Oh! And yet again, I earn $2 for providing “live entertainment” from a random dude partying in the pavilion. You know if I’ve got such mad skills at dancing, I def need to consider another line of work…

Finally, though, we are forced to leave the pavilion as the beer has run out. How unfortunate! On to the next bar!

As soon as I enter Catch 31, I spy Pushy B*tch and Uck You which have been fabulously fun folks in the pavilion. They’re ordering oysters and offer me some. No thanks! I like them cooked not raw. But they insist! Try them! Okay, I’ll taste one. And I swallow it down. And then they give me another. And then finally they give me a big whopper of an oyster. Enough already! They’re not horrible, but they have no taste. Uck You does admit that they’re better with Tabasco. Ahhhh….

So what do they do next? They order us oyster shooters. I got no problem with that! It’s pretty good too – nice and spicy! Now, @ss drinks an oyster shooter too. I don’t think anything about it, but apparently a miracle has just occurred cause his friends tell me that he doesn’t eat fish.

…and you know what they say about girls eating oysters? I can confirm that oysters def increase the libido. Not that it did me any good, though.

Bar: Catch 31

Total Bar Count: 42

Total DC Bars: 21

No comments: